Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 11, Shopping at Tung Chung 东涌 with Kaiying


I spent alot of money today so no more shopping for the next 3 days ): Kaiying was very happy too hahah, wait for captions and pics from the last few days.

HAPPY!!!!



Met kaiying at Tung Chung MTR station at 11 pm, quite a long trip for kaiying though.

From saturday's trip to ngong ping 360 (the cable car), I've learnt that there's a shopping centre right opposite the mtr station with LOADS of shopping outlets. Correction, the ENTIRE mall is made up of shopping outlets.


It was pretty crowded today, and we had to queue up quite alot to buy our clothes. Here's ONE picture of the mall:


Let me tell you what's great about outlet stores. They're stuff with brands at a much lower price cause...well, its an outlet store. Not necessarily clothes or items that are out of season too. You can get an adidas bag for just 232 HKD (42 SGD) when you normally get it at what, 60?

Really great deals..just imagine an entire shopping centre of these stores how can anybody not be happy? There are, of course, very high end stores that we can't afford even with discounts...



There's many outlets, our favourite was..ESPRIT OUTLET!! There's like SO MANY PRETTY CLOTHES THERE. I'll talk about that later.

See..



(kaiying bought a nice tshirt here, I found a hoodie I really loved but my size wasn't available... ]: )


couldn't find shoes I liked here. ):

Here's only THREE out of...idk, close to 100? estimation..


We took a picture at the end of our trip, but it was tough looking for a passerby to help us take a snapshot cause the people in hk are generally walk faster...


before that, we tried to take our reflections but it was an utter failure, need I explain further?





Our first stop was quiksilver but we couldn't find much stuff so we went on to giordano. That was after lunch.



For lunch, I ate a fillet o fish and Ky got a shrimp (ebi) burger. Got ourselves milk shakes as "dessert" at MACS.


we didn't know about the 5 bucks one so we got the big one :] heavenly goodnesssssss!!!



Back to giordano after lunch...the amount of clothes there was @.@ We selected a bunch we liked and squeezed into one changing room:


that's my macdonald's strawberry milkshake (fabulous stuff, better than singapore!) and the pile of clothes we tried on. This pile includes a few of those miss khoo style big sleeved shirts, but we look like aunties in them :[

We've concluded that miss khoo looks glam and great in everything and anything, even the weirdest clothes and ugliest patterns or colours. I'm sure you all know.


I got myself a white tunic and a white halter...since the offer was 3 pieces for HKD 190, ky got herself a black top too! :]





Next stop: ESPRIT!

There's freaking alot of clothes there i am NOT kidding. The place is like GIGANTIC. Rows and rows and rows and rows of pretty clothes there! We spent around 2 hours there! 2 hours just walking around HALF the shop. the other half was for MEN so...yeah.

We selected around 50 pieces of clothing but they only allowed us to take in 5 pieces into the changing room and there was a long queue, so had to eliminate stuff! Tough job...


AFTER FIRST ROUND ELIMINATION!


I wonder why I was still smiling... ): Alot of clothes I liked had to be eliminateddd.


A closer look at our "eliminated pile"...


....

In the end, I only got 4 pieces out of the 5. The cream of the crop though :]




We got tired and decided to take a break at macs (it was 4:30 pm by then)


DO YOU SEE IT?!?!?!

DOUBLE hot fudge sundaes. They give you a big cup (around medium to small sized drink), squeeze a layer of vanilla ice cream, pour hot fudge, squeeze another layer, pour another layer of hot fudge, then sprinkle nuts on it.

You can half double hot fudge, strawberry or a combination of both. Price is HKD 10.70. Very worth it for such heavenly goodness! Ky got it and I didn't cause I was feeling guilty for spending so much...LOL.


my cone and her double choc hot fudge sundae :]





and here is.....


MY FAVOURITE BURGER!!!!!

okay, besides egg mcmuffin and fillet o fish. This is HAM AND SAUSAGE MUFFIN.


THE burger. Its plain but still good. Better, in fact. I don't like it when they squeeze too much sauce on burgers and dump all kinds of stuff in it, spoils the taste of the patty somehow.

I'm not THAT much of a beef lover, ham's my favourite on the mac donald's menu. (That's why I don't eat sausage mc muffin, only egg mcmuffin) . Anyway, this burger is just nice for me.




Oh, guess what. I asked for chilli and got...


THAI STYLE CHILLI.

Gave ky a disappointed look cause I expected garlic chilli but guess what. When I squeezed out the sauce from the packet...its..its..



ITS FREAKING SWEET CHILLI.

sweet. Its been missing from singapore from the longest period of time and I find it in Hongkong by chance!!! Smothered and slapped chilli onto my burger like no mother. Kaiying says I have this 幸福 look on my face when I eat it.

She took a candid shot and...wow.


I do look freaking happy, don't I? Sorry you have to bear with so many pictures of me but HAHA it helps me remember how happy I was when I ate the burger COMPLETE with the sweet chilli.




Well, ONE burger wasn't enough so I ordered ANOTHER BURGER.

(Y)

Asked for three packets of chilli this time round :P


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Walked around abit more after the break but didn't buy anything cause we were broke and drained of energy.

Left the mall at 6:30. I got off at Lai king station and changed to Tsuen wan line while kaiying went on to the hongkong line.

At a mall near tsuen wan, i got myself a black denim skirt. Sorta preordered it so I just paid and left.


My mom was still out when I reached home so I used the com and lazed around. I showed her all the stuff I bought (7 pieces in total) and she didn't scold me at all HAHAHHA. Was kinda worried cause I've already spent alot on clothes for the past few weeks and even had to consult ashley. I used up all the angpao money I got the other day, and that's quite alot -__-

Well, 船到桥头自然直. She even said "wah, you make me feel like buying stuff too!!" :D hohohoho! I guess it was cause she met up with her very good friend and was in a good mood :P





There still a bunch of stuff I need to buy but Im' currently VERY satisfied already. Yesterday's trip to da fen cun gave me some inspirations too so I plan to do some sketches when I have time. Won't forget about the other photos of course.






That is all for today, seeyou guys soon. I'm visiting my godma tomorrow and going to 看灯饰 with my 3rd aunt at night.

Movie with cousin on wednesday at 1:45 (madagascar),
christmas party with my mom's family (whole bunch of them) on 27th,
trip to offshore island on 30th,
count down on 31st,
brother coming back on 1st jan, 2009.





Goodnight, its 12:04 am


No comments: